Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate
Rancho Santa Fe is known for its stunning properties, strong community, and exclusive addresses. Real estate in Rancho Santa Fe is typically found on sizable lots protected by gated access, giving the properties a secure, rural feel without being too far from the big city amenities in nearby San Diego. Resident life is centered around the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club, which hosts various events for the community throughout the year. Most residents embrace an outdoor-focused lifestyle with golf, hiking, and trips to the nearby beach everyday occurrences. With top-rated schools and premium shopping on their doorstep, it's no wonder Rancho Santa Fe real estate is in high demand.
Homes for Sale in Rancho Santa Fe
With premium amenities such as in-home movie theaters, private bowling alleys, and resort-style luxuries like infinity pools and putting greens, Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale meet your household's every need. You'll find properties that offer plenty of space inside and out, with thoughtful customization such as smart home integration and top-of-the-line security systems.
Rancho Santa Fe Home Architecture
You'll find a variety of architectural styles in the homes of Rancho Santa Fe. The dominant style comes from the influence of the American Southwest. Many homes feature adobe exteriors with stylish clay tile roofs. You'll see other inspiration from the American Southwest in the color palettes of houses and their landscaping design. This design lends itself well to the ranch's environment and laid-back, peaceful style.
Why You'll Love Living in a Rancho Santa Fe Home
A Rancho Santa Fe home anticipates your every need. Each home is thoughtfully designed with amenities that quickly become necessities. You'll find gourmet kitchens with intuitive layouts, where there is a place for everything, and that place just makes sense. Bathrooms take on spa-like qualities with deep soaking tubs and plenty of room for you to start and end your day. Homes offer space not only for each member of your household but for all their activities. You'll find homes in Rancho Santa Fe with areas specifically designed for crafts, sports, cinema, audio production, and more. There is even more to love about the community, which prides itself on being a close-knit neighborhood support network. Once you live in Rancho Santa Fe, it will be hard to imagine living elsewhere.
Why Work with a Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate Agent
Working with a Rancho Santa Fe realtor can give you a distinct advantage when purchasing a home within the community. Their hyper-local knowledge can provide insight into the best areas for your household, with neighborhood expertise on local schools, shopping, and entertainment. A real estate agent in Rancho Santa Fe will also know about any changes in the market, including the potential of having access to exclusive listings before they hit the market.
Rancho Santa Fe real estate agency Baker Knight has been helping residents buy and sell properties in the area for more than 18 years. This in-depth experience allows them to quickly match clients to their ideal luxury property while negotiating the best possible deal. Baker Knight can also help you find homes for sale in Escondido, San Diego, Del Mar, and other North County coastal communities.
Living in Rancho Santa Fe
When you move to Rancho Santa Fe, you'll first appreciate the generously sized lots and stunning homes. But it will quickly become apparent that the community is one of the best things about living in Rancho Santa Fe. This is a community that cares about maintaining high standards in everything that happens there, whether that's an event at the local school or a community party to raise funds for a local charity. Much of the community's social life revolves around the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. However, you'll also find a bustling social scene in the downtown area along Paseo Delicias. You'll discover gorgeous boutique shopping, beautiful spas, and charming coffee shops along this bustling road.
Things to Do in Rancho Santa Fe
- Play a round at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. This private club is exclusively reserved for homeowners within the Rancho Santa Fe covenant. The beautifully designed course is one of the top walking courses in the country. After nine holes, stop by the clubhouse, where you can have lunch on the patio or book your dinner reservation.
- Browse the artwork at the Rancho Santa Fe Art Gallery. Located on Paseo Delicias, this gallery hosts artwork from local artists living in Rancho Santa Fe and surrounding areas. The Rancho Santa Fe Art Guild manages the gallery while hosting trips to visit other local galleries and talks and demonstrations related to visual arts.
- Book a day at the Spa at The Inn. One of the most peaceful spots in Rancho Santa Fe, you'll find this spa and yoga studio on Linea Del Cielo. Treat yourself to day spa treatments such as a massage, facial, or pedicure. After your treatments, relax in the charming, tastefully decorated courtyard to complete your restorative experience.
Rancho Santa Fe School District + Ratings
Rancho Santa Fe is home to some of the best schools along the northern California coast and some of the best schools in the entire state of California. There is a mix of public, charter, and private schools available, many of which are rated above average for school quality.
- R. Roger Rowe Elementary School, grades K-5. Low student-to-teacher ratio, students have higher-than-average test scores.
- High Bluff Academy, grades 9-12, offers 26 advanced placement courses with an average class size of seven.
- Encinitas Country Day School, grades pre-K-8. Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and focusing on character development alongside academic achievement.
Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Fe
- Millie Fleurs, 6009 Paseo Delicias. Delicious French cuisine is served in a beautiful country home. Voted best restaurant in Rancho Santa Fe with a piano bar that cannot be missed.
- Nick & G's Restaurant, 6106 Paseo Delicias. Gorgeously chic restaurant serving a refined menu of Italian fare. Lots of patio seating gives you a view of the social scene on the street.
- Thyme In the Ranch, 16905 Avenida De Acacias. A charming cafe that's the perfect place to get your morning coffee or share an afternoon cake.
Where to Shop in Rancho Santa Fe
- The Country Friends, 6030 El Tordo. Not your average consignment shop, this store makes it a mission to be more eco-friendly by offering top-of-the-line designer homeware looking for its second home, with profits going to worthy local charities.
- Cork & Knife, 6106 Paseo Delicias. Wine and cheese shop offering the perfect selection of takeaway charcuterie and cheese boards. A must-stop for a date night, picnic, or outing with friends.
- Rancho Santa Fe Plaza, 162 South Rancho Santa Fe Road. A tucked-away retail enclave offering shopping, yoga studios, massage parlors, and a popular pancake restaurant.
Top Attractions in Rancho Santa Fe
- Cardiff State Beach. One of the many beaches near Rancho Santa Fe, this is one of the most popular, especially with surfers. Great place to spend a day in the water or explore nearby communities of Cardiff-by-the-Sea or Encinitas.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds. Less than 15 minutes from Rancho Santa Fe, the Del Mar Fairgrounds hosts various events throughout the year. One of the biggest is the San Diego County Fair.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve. A natural area well-known for dolphin watching. Fantastic hiking trails take you along the coast with sweeping views of the surrounding area.
Local Transit in Rancho Santa Fe
- Bus Route 308 runs through Rancho Santa Fe, making two stops along Paseo Delicias during its journey from Escondido to Solana Beach.
- Trams from La Jolla will take you directly into downtown San Diego.
- There are taxis and ride-sharing services available in the area, as well.
Weather in Rancho Santa Fe
Rancho Santa Fe benefits from mild temperatures year-round. High temperatures hover between 70°F and 80°F, with temps rarely going above 84°F even during the hottest part of the summer. Winter is also mild, with high temperatures dipping to a still-very-comfortable 68°F. Lows rarely, if ever, reach freezing, falling to a cool 50°F during the coldest months of the year.
Relocating to Rancho Santa Fe
The Baker Knight Group is ready to help you relocate to Rancho Santa Fe. We've lived and worked in the area for more than 20 years, giving our team the in-depth knowledge you need to find your perfect property. When you are ready to make your move to Rancho Santa Fe, reach out to our team. We'll help you find a home that you love and negotiate a great price on your behalf. Let's get started with your Rancho Santa Fe home-buying journey today.